Summer Cooking Camp 2017 – July 10th-14th – Registration is Open!
Class details at-a-glance:
- All classes are hands-on
- Ages 8 to 16 years old
- Class size is limited to 10 kids
- Camp runs from 10:00a to 3:00p
- Tuition is $345 per junior chef; 10% Sibling discount available ($310.50)
To Register for Summer Cooking Camp, please follow these 2 steps:
- Payment for one Junior Chef, OR Junior Chef with Sibling (includes discount for sibling.)
- Fill out Registration and Release of Liability form and return.
Watch our Cooking Camp YouTube Video from 2016
CAZARES Style COOKING CAMP is a comprehensive, fun-filled five day, day camp, where cooking and essential life skills (like etiquette and manners) are taught by Jen Cazares. Kids will enjoy working alongside their peers, learning basic rules for handling knives, kitchen safety and cleanliness. Kids will learn the art of the preparation by reading and following recipes, measuring and mixing ingredients, and of course, tasting for correct seasoning! Ultimately, they are responsible for preparing meals that are as pleasing to the eye as well as to the palate. In addition to learning and practicing basic cooking skills, there will be an emphasis on food science, etiquette, math, reading and nutrition. The kids will build on skills and techniques they learned throughout the week and on day 5, they’ll show off their culinary skills as they face off in a “Chopped” Challenge! Each team will prepare a delicious appetizer, entree, OR dessert using all the ingredients that Jen provides them. They will have 30-minutes to decide what they will prepare as a team, and at the end of the allowed time, a panel of three judges “chops” the teams who are one pinch away from preparing a dish in terms of taste, presentation and creativity. The last team standing takes home bragging rights and a cool gift!
What To Expect: In our classes all the kids work together with other kids in a fun, hands-on environment led by Jen Cazares.
- FUN, awesome meals, culinary knowledge!
- Kids will receive a apron to wear and keep at camp completion
- Classes are 5 hours (be sure to have breakfast before class)
- You will work with other kids in teams, which rotate each day
- All camp classes are hands-on and are limited to 10 kids
- Etiquette and manners are taught and observed every day
- Delicious recipes included
- Be sure to wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes, and have long hair tied back
- YouTube video and certificate awarded at class completion
- You will enjoy a full meal, including dessert every day!
Instructor: Jen Cazares, Chef and Culinary Instructor, & former restaurant owner, and has over 35 years of gourmet cooking and baking experience.